|Preparation Time||:||13 Min|
Spatzle are a type of egg noodle or dumpling of soft texture found in the cuisines of southern Germany and of Austria, Switzerland, Hungary, Alsace and South Tyrol.
- Mix the flour eggs & salt together (use your blender).
- Slowly add the water until the dough is smooth, but not stiff.
- (If large eggs are used then use a little less water).
- Continue to blend the dough until it has enlarged in size.
- Heat a pot of salted water to boiling add a tbsp oil.
- Put batches of your dough in the hopper of the spaetzle grater and grate the noodles into the boiling water.
- Do the recipe bit by bit lifting the noodles out of the water when they float Keep warm while you cook the rest.
- N>B> If you do not have a spaetzle grater roll out the dough to about 1/4" thickness and slice across then slice the other way to have them the size you want them.
- Boil the same as with the spaetzle grater.
Pour over melted spaetzle and serve.