Korean Beef Noodles
|Preparation Time||:||46 Min|
|1||beef flank steak||1||Lb|
|7||Chinese wheat noodles||12||Ounces|
|11||dried hot red chilli pepper||1||Teaspoon|
These noodles are so deeply satisfying, that they must be considered soul food. The thick noodles with the savory beef and mushrooms makes such a hearty meal, there is almost no room for tea.
- Slice beef thinly across the grain into pieces about 3-inches long (doing this while beef is partially frozen is best).
- Bring beef to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, sesame oil, and sugar until sugar dissolves; set aside until needed.
- Cook the noodles in boiling water about 8-10 minutes or until tender; drain.
- While noodles are cooking, cook mushrooms in oil in a small skillet until softened, then remove and drain away the liquid that collects.
- Add the garlic, scallions and hot peppers to the skillet and cook on high for about 1 minute or until pepper becomes aromatic.
- Then add the carrot, steak and mushrooms.
- Cook the meat for 2-3 minutes but try not to overcook (as this is usually served on the rare side).
- Add the soy sauce mixture and cook about 2 minutes more.
- Place noodles on a serving platter and top with beef mixture, and toss together until mixed.
- Serve at once.
Serve at once.