Gajar ka Halwa
|Preparation Time||:||75 Min|
|3||Green cardamoms||5 to 6|
|9||Sugar||1 & 1/2||Cup|
Gajar Ka Halwa is a sweet dessert pudding associated mainly with the state of Punjab in India & Pakistan. It is made by placing grated carrot in a pot containing a specific amount of water, milk and sugar and then cooking while stirring regularly.
- In a non stick, heavy based, wide pan add milk.
- Bring the milk to boil and reduce for simmering for about 30 minutes on medium heat.
- Keep on stirring the milk and scraping the sides of the pan to avoid scalding.
- Add the cardamoms and milk powder and stir well.
- Add the carrots and continue cooking until all the milk is absorbed and the mixture begins to look dry.
- Now add the sugar and condensed milk very slowly. Add ¼ and then stir it good and then keep on adding rest of it.
- Cook it well till it dissolves and the mixture look dry again.
- Add the almonds and cashew nuts and golden raisins and turn of the gas. Close the lid and let it cool down for 5 minutes.
- Carrots are very good source of Vitamin C and A which is very good for eyes and growth of children.
Garnish with nuts.
Serve warm Gajar ka halwa to your family.
Jaggery Peanut Brittle/Gur ki ..